Behind The Dimpled Demon's Multicoated Lenses

Friday, May 26, 2006

Dressing Up, Dressing Down

In response to a comment posted earlier by the lovely miss Farhana, as to whether dressing up is of importance to me, i have this to say..

Was i horribly dressed that day at KYUEM?

oh, and i recovered my specs

YAY!

But anyway, much ado about dressing...?

Not to be sexist or anything but i find that girls tend to be more particular with dressing and looking good etc... heck my mum won't even let me go out unless i look 'presentable' to her.

But when mum isn't around... well... i guess i really couldn't care less... of course being a Muslim, i would have to cover certain parts of my body but beyind that, well, lets put it this way...

A shirt is a shirt is a shirt.

A pair of pants are a pair of pants are a pair of pants.

Shoes are shoes are shoes.

there you go.

Although occasionally, depending on the occasion (a date, an important meeting, functions) i do try to dress up complete with colour coding, colour schemes (black is negative, i wear it when i am positive, it offsets my personality creating a harmonious balance, white is positive, usually worn casually when there is no occasion, blue and grey are neutral colours which i usually wear on second meetings/second dates, shoes have to match the top i'm wearing or at least the pants, 'cos my hair is black. Practicality also comes into play, wear white on hot days, black on cold, rainy days, sneakers for sports, walking shoes to look good, etc.. i try to colour coordinate my dressing styles as well)

So when it comes to dressing, thats how i dress..lah

Which brings me once again to my first question

Do i dress badly?

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger farhana said...

hihihi, upon reading this post, I actually came close to laughing for the first time since days (the tension on exams is taking its toll on me). To answer your question, NO YOU WERE NOT DRESSED BADLY. I'm sure it was ok. Seriously, I'd be worried if you dressed in Versace or something. Gosh I can't even remember what I wore. Anyway 'thanks' for actually publishing my name in your blog and possibly making people wonder who is this girl trying to comment on my dear friend's dressing and where on earth is KYUEM anyway. Plus it is not any being from my species' fault if we think metallic kitten heels differ from leather pumps. No, I'm no trying to sound like a bimbo. hihi, but for a guy who doesnt care much about dressing up, u sure know your dressing and balancing your yin yang. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home