Behind The Dimpled Demon's Multicoated Lenses

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Ramadhan Diaries - Day 23

The morning was spent transcribing, an activity which i do not really enjoy doing. BUt i had to do it because mum said so and heaven is beneath the mother's feets..bla..bla..etc..

Im such a mama's boy.

Anyway, transcribing = not easy. Never is never was. In fact the reason why my friend was late yesterday was because she was still busy transcribing her interview with me.

So it seems like im not the only one who hates transcribing.

Anyway, i got it done. Phewh!

The afternoon was spent with another frien of mine, a non-muslim girl whom i had agreed to go out with earlier last week. Fortunately she was on time. And i didn't have to bum around this time.. a good thing too because i hadn't brought anything to read.

WE spent the rest of the day talking about religion and stuff...well, mostly me doing the talking, mostly about my religion anyway..eheheh.

In Islam, we call it da'wah. Which basically means sharing the word. I suppose you could call it missionary activity but we are different in the sense that our aim is not to convert but to merely inform. We believe that through understanding will we be able to live side by side in harmony.

Humans do not convert other humans, only God and God alone can do that. Of course, we could pray, but that is as much as we can do.

In fact what i am doing here right now, is a form of da'wah, telling stories about my religion and my personal experiences. Its good to have shared with those of you who have been following my blog. I hope now you have a better understanding of what it means to be a young Muslim here in Malaysia.

I will be going back to Kelantan in two days time, so i might not be able to update from there. If you don't here from me in a while, i would like to wish all my Muslim readers, a Happy Aidilfitri and my Hindu Readers a Happy Deepavali!!

And to those of you whose celebrations haven't come around yet,

Just be happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home