Behind The Dimpled Demon's Multicoated Lenses

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Teetering On the Fence

I am a liberal

Yes I am

Thank God i am...

However i feel that my current status is threatened...

You see i go for a lot of these seminars organised by NGOs and the such. The most recent one i've been to is 'Community Driven Change' organised by Balairakyat (check out their website on my links!)

The seminar was harmless enough... it was for a good cause. There were very insightful ideas as to how the public can empower themselves to better community. About standing up to corrupt officials and persevering to solve a problem.

What strikes me most about these seminars are the high level of left-winger attendees... (I wish to clarify that being liberal is NOT left!!!) no doubt they are entitled to their ideas... however extreme they may be... but i guess they sometimes do not realise that their mindset may be just as closed as the right-wingers they so oppose...

Anyway, i'm missing my point.

My point is.. if i continue to go for these seminars, i may be earmarked as a 'leftie' something which i firmly AM NOT!! I am neither right nor left... but i sympathise with both of their points...and oppose some of them...

That's who i am... teetering on the fence...a very precarious position to say the least...

My observation is that these community service seminars are largely attended by left-wingers. Its good that they show their support and such however i feel that these seminars lack a more right-wing touch. I believe that more right-wingers should be drawn in to sort of balance the points put forth by the left-wingers. Perhaps we can have a few lively debates... though i hope they don't erupt into fistfights.

Or maybe i should (shock horrors!!) think like a right-winger...just to counter the lefties....nah... at the end of the day i am still liberal and all i want to do is to better understand both sides of the coin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home