Behind The Dimpled Demon's Multicoated Lenses

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Ramadhan Diaries - Day 26

Wow, thought I wouldn’t be updating, but here I am, updating.

Managed to hook up to a dial up connection here at my grandparent’s place in Pasir Puteh. Dial up is 4 sen a minute though, but it does not require registration which makes it quite easy to use.

TMNet’s 1315 dialup number. Quite useful I must say.

Anyway, today was spent traveling back to Kelantan. It took us about 6 hours. Plus we didn’t stop that much because there was a reduced need to go to the toilet every few kilometers or so. However snacks were non-existent on this trip and my father found it more difficult to stay awake without his regular shot of caffeine (usually derived from Coke).

Upon reaching Pasir Puteh, we were greeted by my Grandparents who were unfortunately down with the flu. They looked pretty tired. But later that same night, my grandmother was up and cooking dinner for us. Apparently she felt A LOT better seeing her daughter (my mum), son in law and grandson come home.

She might feel even more better once my aunt and her family comes back as well ,but that won’t be until next week. She will be spending the first day of Raya in Perak with her Husband’s side of the family.

Later we went to the town market and bought some extra food for our iftar. I managed to get some good pictures. I promise that once I get back to my beloved broadband wireless I will upload the pictures for public viewing.

My grandparent’s house is located right behind the local Mosque. Its literally a stone’s throw away.

Tarawih was done at the Mosque. Apparently this kampong Mosque only has 8 rakaat (repetitions) for the Tarawih prayer (plus 3 rakaat for Withir) and they do not go the maximum 23 rakaat.

It’s a very different experience in a smaller kampong Mosque compared to the large, air-conditioned halls of the city mosques. The ventilation is natural, with the wind blowing in cool breezes of air. There are bugs and cicak aplenty on the walls and the floors, not in a bothersome way though, but in a way that makes you go ‘oh, look at that..’.

I slept at 12 that night, massaging my grandma before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home