Behind The Dimpled Demon's Multicoated Lenses

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Ramadhan Diaries - Day 27

At 4 am in the morning I was greeted with a burst of light from the ceiling.

My grandparents were up…

And I was very much half-asleep.

After some general smacking my head back and forth, I finally regained control of my senses and I ambled to my parent’s room to wake them up.

They weren’t that pleased to see me either, at 4 am.

Eventually we all woke up to eat our sahur.

Sahur here in the Kampung, is almost as large as iftar, mainly consisting of last night’s leftovers. So I was made to eat a plate of rice together with the chicken or something ( I can’t remember, my mind was still trying to wake up). My grandma kept pushing me to eat more rice. Urgh…

After sahur, I managed to get some shuteye before Subuh.

Today is a Friday and Subuh prayers here in my Kampung on Fridays are slightly different from other days. It involves the imam reading a particularly long surah (I thin its surah Sajadah) and then making us perform an extra prostration during the first rakaat. It can be highly tiresome or deeply spiritual…depending on how you look at it.

Friday prayers in the mosque are still as packed as any other mosque. The sermon today was about Zakat…. If im not mistake is the same as the sermon I listened to during the first week of Ramadhan back in PJ. Anyway, the Khatib (Sermon reader) wished us all a happy Aidilfitri.

yay!

The rest of the day was quite slow. I slept, went to the market, did yoga…

Ate…

And Tarawih!

Spent the rest of the night burning the midnight oil, studying for exams which are coming up in 2 months time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home