Behind The Dimpled Demon's Multicoated Lenses

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Ramadhan Diaries - Day 28

Once more, woken up at 4 am..

Once more, made to eat rice for sahur.

Fortunately Subuh prayers were easier on the body.

Woke up again to continue studying, an activity which I usually kick into gear when exams are approaching.

Mum hasn’t been enjoying her holidays much.. been too busy working on her research project and stuff. But I guess its easy for her considering that she doesn’t have to fast. Its that time of the month for her.

In Islam, women are exempted from praying or fasting during Ramadhan if they have their period. During the period, the woman is considered to be in a state of uncleanliness, because well… to put it simply, she can’t control her bleeding, and blood is considered as not very clean in Islam.

So, lucky for the women, they get to be exempt from prayers and fasting at least for one week, every Ramadhan… although they have to make up for their missed fasts throughout the year.

Hmmm… Lucky? Not really sure about that… the prospect of bleeding from my genitals for an entire week does not really sound that attractive to me…

Oh, I just realized that The Ramadhan Diaries is missing day 25. This is because there is an ‘extra’ Day 12 in my blog : p… that means that day 24 is actually 25 and 23 is 24…etc…

In an attempt to do yoga today, I managed to sprain my shoulder. I was jumping for my ashtanga san salutation and somehow, I failed to balance myself properly resulting in my shoulder shifting with an audible ‘Shrraaaff!

It hurt!

And what hurts even more is the fact that I may not be able to do yoga for the next couple of days or so.

No yoga… not enough exercise.. too much food…. *sigh*… im so gonna chunk up by the time I get back to PJ…’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home